Monday, July 24, 2006

Boards beats brainergy.



Woo, long time no update! Sorry, swells of incredible busyness and incredible non-busyness have been tossing me around crazily. I just finished up a job at Wit Animation doing story development on a short they're making. There was a lot to draw and hardly any time, so I had to work and think fast. The working world left me exhausted at the end of each day... I don't know how people work full time and still have the brain-nergy to do their own stuff. But it's a great little studio and I hope to spend more time with them in the future. The rough ostritch boards are some of the stuff I did there.
The other set of boards are pulled at random from a story test I did for dreamworks last month. I took out the dialogue, and they're not in any sequence because I don't know if I'm allowed to post them up in the first place. But I had 2 weeks to board a full story, and I probably worked the hardest I have since finishing my films. I like how it all turned out, the drawings aren't perfect but it has a lot of humor and heart. It's been a learning experience to work under a director, telling other people's stories and writing their characters instead of my own. In a way, it's easier because I can look at it from a distance and spot flaws easier than in my personal work. But it takes lots of discussion to find out exactly what the director wants.
I hope to have more original stuff to show soon. Some of the friends I made at Wit and I have decided to take my short film, Kite, into production. We'll be doing a lot of exciting experimenting with the combination of 2d and 3d soon. Hypothetically there will be a production blog up at kitestory.com when the time comes. I'm also at work taking my portfolio to version 2.0, and building a show bible for a later pitch. Has anyone out there done a show bible before? I'm not sure of everything to include.
Hehe, and just for fun- Going to This page will fill your ears with a 45 minute mix of robot-flavored techno-housey beats. Animators and music have always gone together, and I get my fill from spinning music. Dj poptart on the decks!
...now I'm embarrassed.
Away!

1 comment:

Moro Rogers said...

Yay, update! The ostrich is very cute.^___^